Despite training for triathlon, which really just means swimming regularly and owning a bike & running shoes, I am not so good at hurdles. And when you combine hurdles with finances (aka math), it goes a little like this for me:
So when I got an email from my lawyer's assistant asking for another $2500 retainer to re-open my file, I promptly panicked. Remember the front door window my kid smashed? Also $2500. And we've been planning a March Break trip to Florida to see my Dad and flights for THAT are about $2500. Um, I'm starting to hit some pretty big numbers here and did I mention that *minor* renovation thing I have going on? Holy fuckamaroo. Obviously the trip is a 'want' so if something needs to go, that's it. But goddamn, if that wasn't getting me through this frigid weather. "Two more months until Florida, 7 more weeks until Florida, 6 more weeks until Florida". Bah, there are worse things I know but such a bummer. And of course my very non-logical brain is trying to make the math work somehow: "So if we only eat rice and tuna for the next 6 weeks and I buy 2% milk and water it down by half to stretch it out ... " The good news with that plan is that my other recent math logic wherein I just need to lose 2lbs a week to look good in a bikini might actually become sound reasoning. The bad news is that it's not really a healthy or feasible plan. And my daughter hates tuna. Shit.
Did I mention nobody's called me for a job interview yet? I could kinda use a job right now. A job that offers excellent compensation and a decent vacation allowance, please!

Take the trip. You will never regret this time with your kids and Dad.Can you drive to Florida instead of flying? Buy a cheaper door - it's just a door. Lawyers are expensive as shit. Well, not really, it's still free to take a shit right?
ReplyDeleteAh it's just money. Can't take it with you :)