I feel like I've been whirling around like crazy. Having people in my house all day means I try to stay out of it which means the evenings are full of running around the house trying to clean up, do laundry and stop sneezing long enough to sweep & dust. I'm really looking forward to a dust-free house, or at least less dust. I'm not exactly Martha Stewart, who do I think I'm fooling here? (not you, I'm sure)
So, to reference my last post ... ahhhhhh, much better! Ok, let's move on.
I had a sort of a date last weekend in that an old friend got me together with someone who was single but in a group setting with her, her boyfriend and a couple of other friends. We went to the wine show (sweet) except I'd had a horrible stomach bug the 2 nights prior (not sweet at all) and had to go easy. Anyway, I said "nice to meet you" and he said, "let's get SHITFACED!" and ... then he did. And I didn't. And, that's the end of that little tale.
My house is going well though I had my first big hiccup - well, my first decorative hiccup anyway - with the realization that the sink I looked so hard for is actually way too small. Someone said it looks like the sink you spit into at the dentist and she's right. Unfortunately the store won't take it back. And after I tried nicely and then not so nicely to change their mind, I got pissed and called the person an asshole and hung up. And then promptly realized that I'd wanted to buy my kitchen sink there. SHIT. It appears that I'm shopping for 2 sinks now. Gah! Here's the mini-sink for a bit of humour in your day.
Man, it was really supposed to be great, that little sink. Not so great. Maybe I'll try to sell it to my dentist!
Personally I'm in a bit of a holding pattern. I haven't worked out regularly which is never good for me. I'm avoiding the pool because I'm so out of shape but lamenting that I'm out of shape and should get in the pool. I just can't handle being slow, I hate it. And race season is coming so everyone's getting faster and I'm a big fat turtle. Blah. And there's still that guy that I'm not supposed to be thinking about but I am. Fortunately I'm dating and trying to stay busy but I see him regularly and mostly it's great but sometimes it just kicks my ass. I'm fun, I'm cute ... what the hell is wrong with the men in my life?

No comments:
Post a Comment