Thursday, 21 February 2013

Sunshine all around!

Last weekend was an extra long weekend as the kids had a PA Day on Friday and it was Family Day on Monday.  We had so much fun!  The kids played with their friends all day every day.  Plus the 2 extra days meant that we had no reason to get up and the kids were there so I pleaded with them to feed the pets and let me sleep in ... and they did!  Woo hoo!  I did have one sticky situation to navigate which somehow found me in the middle of a friend & ex-spouse via their kid.  Had to decide whether to keep an 8 year old's secret or share with the parent who had been intentionally left out of a fairly dangerous situation regarding their kid.  I slept on it and told my friend about the ex's manipulation and how it was to be kept a 'family secret'.  I felt sick for "telling" but also felt strongly that it was right to shine light on the situation.  Being separated myself, I would be livid to find out my kid had not only been hurt but had been sworn to never tell me about it.  So uncool.  It was a shock for my friend but didn't blow up in my face.  Here's hoping it doesn't in future.

Secondly, I booked Florida.  Yay!  I can't really afford it but I'm going anyway.  Had to cut it short by a few days due to my son's hockey schedule which was very annoying but I'm thrilled.  I'm excited to see my Dad, to get in the sun and surf and to chill out on the beach with my favourite little people.  Unfortunately since I'd been kind of resigned to not going, I've been eating like a gigantic pig and a bikini is not gonna happen.  I'm going to lighten up the food for the next 13 days but unless I can lose 1.5lbs a day, this bitch is wearing a one-piece.  Sigh.  But ... yay for vacation!

Finally my reno is flying along (pics soon!). My kitchen is half installed (yes, my BFF & I built the entire thing!) and next week my old kitchen comes out and my powder room will start to be framed.  The new contractor Mike is nice, reliable and is zipping along.  My dogs have some sort of a serious farting issue going on right now and apparently they're getting smoked out of the house on a regular basis.  Seriously, what the hell, dogs?  Blech!  But it's going.  And when we're away the floors will hopefully be installed and finished and I'll come home to an almost totally done house.  I truly can't even fathom that.  :)

So this has been a good week since my non-romantic Valentine's Day.  Love it when things are positive and moving forward.  LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment